• This is a 1/48 scale plastic model assembly kit. Fuselage length: 398mm, wingspan: 408mm (with variable sweep wing in fully forward position).
• Tamiya designers spent many hours close up with real aircraft to obtain a highly accurate end product.
• Captures F-14D-specific features such as the engine afterburner nozzles, vertical stabilizers and even minute panel lines.
• A detailed cockpit includes depictions of updated instrument panels and ejection seats.
• Model parts depict late variants of Phoenix, Sparrow and Sidewinder air-to-air missiles. Also included are parts for drop tank, laser- and GPS-guided bombs, LANTIRN targeting pod, TARPS reconnaissance pod and jamming pod – a comprehensive line-up.
moving depiction of variable sweep wing. 2 sets of parts - interchangeable after completion - depict sealing plates and air bags with wing in fully swept and fully forward positions.
• Slide molding was used to ensure highly realistic canopy, air intake side and fuselage side sections.
• Poly caps allow movement of horizontal stabilizers.
• Comes with realistic figures depicting pilot and RIO (Radar Intercept Officer) in seated pose.
• Includes high-quality decals to realize 4 (planned) marking options, plus a handy set of masking stickers for use when painting the canopy.