The latest release in the Tamiya-Italeri series is this model of the 8-wheeled German armored car Sd.Kfz.234/1. The Sd.Kfz.234 series was a highly successful 8-wheel drive armored car design that was equipped with a 210hp engine. Four variants of the vehicle were produced, with the 5cm gun-equipped 234/2 "Puma” (recently released as Item 37018) first to see action. It was followed by the 234/1, which featured an open-top turret and lighter 2cm gun. Like other recent releases in this series, this kit receives a release not only with Tamiya figures, decals and other parts, but also with updated molding to correct omissions and add detail to the original Italeri model, as well as a streamlined assembly process.
About the Model
• This is a 1/35 scale plastic model assembly kit. Length: 180mm.
• Model parts are a product of Italeri.
• The form of the Sd.Kfz.234/1 is accurately depicted. Jerry can parts are modernized for more realism.
• Includes new photo-etched parts to update jerry can rack and fastening belt, plus recreate turret netting and
machine gun sights.
• New parts are included to depict headlights, antenna base, jack, shovel and more!
• Awkward-to-attach parts have been given guides to help get them accurately placed on the model.
• Includes 3 Tamiya figures (originally in Item 35252) in realistic pose, plus parts recreating a motorcycle.
• 2 marking options are also included, depicting Western and Eastern Front vehicles.
• Comes in a Tamiya-designed package.