The latest addition to the 1/35 Military Miniature Series depicts the German Panther, a WWII AFV developed by Germany to combat the mighty Russian T-34. Given the importance of stopping the T-34 as the Russians turned the tide in WWII, the Panther was a priority and this was emphasized by armored warfare guru Heinz Guderian"s role in the design process. The Panther packed a powerful L/70 7.5cm gun (rumored to have taken out a T-34 at 3km) and combined it with excellent mobility and a 55km/h top speed. Just as importantly, it made great use of T-34-inspired sloped armor, up to 80mm in places. As things turned out, development of the Panther was rushed as the German situation worsened, and this led to severe reliability problems in engagements such as the Battle of Kursk in July 1943. Despite that, it proved offensively and defensively highly capable. The Ausf.D was the initial variant of the Panther; 842 were manufactured between January and September 1943.
About the Model
• This is a 1/35 scale plastic model assembly kit.
• This completely newly-tooled kit captures the form of the Panther Ausf.D with sloped armor, and long 7.5cm
gun. Tamiya designers studied a real Panther in the Netherlands to ensure stunning accuracy.
• Ausf.D-specific features such as smoke dischargers and rear panel layout are authentically depicted.
• Advanced slide molding techniques ensure that turret details are accurately rendered.
• Belt type tracks give an effective finish and make for a smooth assembly process.
• Commander torso figure plus full body crew figure included. 3 marking options include Battle of Kursk unit.
• Three detail-up parts sets are available to further enhance the realism of your model.