Tamiya is pleased to announce this kit, which includes 4 British paratrooper figures and 2 small folding motorcycle models in 1/35 scale. The motorcycle was originally developed for the British Special Operations Executive (SOE).
Between 1942 and 1943, around 3,600 examples were produced, and were largely distributed to the 1st and 6th Airborne divisions. Thanks to their folding mechanism, they could be packed snugly into small containers and airdropped so that the paratroopers could use them upon landing. They were employed in the Normandy landings.
About the Set
• 1/35 scale plastic model assembly kit.
• The form of the small motorcycle is accurately recreated, and uses photo-etched parts to depict spokes and chain.
• Motorcycle model dimensions are L:38mm, W:16.5mm, H:22.5mm
• 4 realistic figures are included, in standing pose and sat upon the motorcycles.
• Comes with a number of accessories to enrich the kit, such as haversack, pouch and water canister. Parts are also included to depict Enfield rifles and Sten Mk.II submachine guns.
• This set can be used to create a diorama by itself, or to add to larger 1/35 scale scenes.