The P-51D Mustang incorporated advanced features such as a laminar flow wing and an efficient radiator design, and powered by the Packard-built Rolls-Royce Merlin V-1650 engine, it demonstrated superior highaltitude performance. The P-51D was equipped with a Hamilton Standard propeller as standard but shortages of the propeller led to the installation of Aeroproducts propellers on some P-51Ds built at North American"s Dallas factory, and these were distinguished by the designation P-51K. Most of the P-51Ks saw combat in the Pacific Theater, although some were also sent to Europe.
In addition to the fighter role, some P-51s were equipped with cameras and used as reconnaissance aircraft.
Such aircraft which were converted from P-51Ds and P-51Ks were designated F-6Ds and F-6Ks respectively.
About the Model
• 1/32 scale plastic assembly model kit.
• The unmistakable form of the legendary fighter is accurately reproduced.
• Kit includes parts to enable assembly of the P-51D, P-51K, or F-6D variants, including cockpit details.
• Radiator internal mechanisms are accurately depicted. Both the radiator flap and oil cooler flap are movable.
• Included stand enables an in-flight display. Parts to depict retracted or deployed undercarriage are included.
• Packard-built Merlin engine features impressive details such as a carburetor, supercharger, and intercoolers.
• Magnets enable the ultra-thin engine cowlings to be detached even after assembly.
• Parts for 75- and 110-gallon drop tanks, 500lb bombs, and M10 4.5-inch bazooka tubes are included.
• 2 pilot figures, 1 seated and 1 standing, are included.
• 3 marking options, full-color painting guide, and a reference booklet (A5-size, 16 pages) are included.
• Includes photo-etched parts to depict details such as seat harnesses and the oil cooler. A masking sheet to aid with painting the canopy is also included.
Wingspan: 354 mm
Fuselage Length: 308 mm