The F4U-1 Corsair® was a truly unique aircraft, with a powerful 2,000hp engine and a massive 4m propeller, not to mention the highly characteristic inverted gullwings. In October of 1940, it was the first American fighter to achieve a speed of 400mph (around 640kph). Initial production models of the aircraft featured a striking canopy called the "Birdcage". The aircraft took part in operations from February 1943, and with its powerful 12.7mm machine guns proved to be a formidable opponent for the Japanese Zero Fighters.
In order to capture the aircraft as accurately as possible, Tamiya designers not only inspected, measured and examined the real aircraft at five different museums across North America, they were also given access to Northrop-Grumman"s blueprints. The result is a highly detailed and precise 1/32 scale model of the F4U-1 Corsair.
About the Model
• 1/32 scale plastic assembly kit model.
• New tooling based upon extensive research.
precision panel lines in excellent detail, right down to rivets on the surface.
• Interior details are also faithfully recreated, such as the areas of the oil cooler, intercooler and air passageways visible from the air intakes on the center of the wing.
• Main landing gears can be depicted in raised or retracted position.
• Armament includes Mk. XLI bomb rack.
• Comes with 2 figures to depict pilot in seated or standing position.
• Synthetic rubber tires feature authentic tread patterns.
• 3 sets of markings, painting guide and masking sticker to cover "birdcage" canopy.
• Includes 2 sets of photo-etched parts.
• Comes with stand to depict the aircraft in airborne state.
• Use together with Item 89969 Weathering Master Set (for WWII U.S. Navy Aircraft) to achieve an even more realistic finish on the aircraft"s panels and exhausts.
• 12-page B5 commemorative booklet including photographs and documentation of the aircraft will be included with the kit
Länge des Modells: 318 mm