The 7th IFMAR ISTC World Championship took place in Heemstede, the Netherlands in July 2012 and TRF driver Jilles Groskamp achieved a historic victory for Tamiya with his TRF417X. Not only was this Tamiya"s third consecutive victory at this prestigious event, it also brought Tamiya"s total IFMAR touring car title count to five (2002, 2004, 2008, 2010, 2012). Jilles’ TRF417X featured various prototype parts that were created specifically with this race in mind, and they combined with his driving skill to bring home the win. Tamiya has made this championship-winning machine available to you as the TRF417WX Chassis Kit.
About the Model
• 1/10 scale R/C assembly kit.
• Kit includes FREE BONUS PARTS (to be announced) which are for EXPORT ONLY and are subject to the FIRST PRODUCTION.
• Newly designed carbon fiber upper (2.0mm thick) and lower (2.25mm thick) decks feature refined shapes to provide optimum roll flexibility.
• Newly-designed one-piece aluminum servo mount is secured to the chassis by one side (inner side) only so as to not jeopardize chassis flexibility.
• Newly-designed aeration dampers help maximize traction.
• Front and rear carbon fiber damper stays (3.5mm thick) have redefined damper attachment positions.
• Front direct coupling is equipped with steel cup joints and coupled with double cardan drive shafts to provide efficient, smooth power transfer.
• Rear gear differential features steel diff joints and swing shaft protectors.