For almost 50 years the T-34 Mentor was a primary trainer for new U.S. Air Force and Navy pilots. Though many full-size Mentors still exist today, there are few R/C models of this plane around. But Top Flite is proud to announce the unveiling of a 1/5 scale replica of this legendary trainer that performs as realistically as it looks. With its Gold Edition engineering and lots of scale touches, this T-34 Mentor makes for a proud addition to your military model hangar.
- The fuselage and wings are fully sheeted in 3/32" balsa for added strength, while the tail section is sheeted in 1/16" balsa for lighter weight.
- The cowl and tail cone are made of heavy-duty ABS plastic for durability.
- Selig 3086 and 3087 airfoils deliver comforting stability for smooth flight and basic aerobatics.
- The large canopy can be installed to slide open and closed, and can be enhanced with a full cockpit kit (TOPQ8413) and 1/4 scale pilot figures
- Performance options include operational flaps and retractable landing gear
Wingspan: 80" (2032mm)
Wing Area: 1025 sq in (66 sq dm)
Weight: 10-14lb (4.5-6.4kg)
Wing Loading: 22.5-31.5oz/sq ft (69-96g/sq dm)
Length: 63" (1600mm)
Airfoil: Semi-symmetrical, low-wing
Center of Gravity: 6-3/8" (162mm) Back from the wing's leading edge
at the fuselage sides.
Control Throws- Low Rate High Rate
Ailerons: Up + Down ½" (13mm) ¾" (19mm)
Elevator: Up + Down 9/16" (14mm) 11/16" (17mm)
Rudder: Right + Left ¾" (19mm) 1" (25mm)
Flaps: Down-takeoff 1" (25mm)50% landing 2" (51mm)100%
Engine Down Thrust: 2°
Engine Right Thrust: 2.5°
All wood to construct the airplane, pushrods, prebent main and nose gear, nylon adjustable engine mount, ABS plastic cowl and tail cone, hardware package, clear canopy, decals, photo-illustrated instructions, full-size rolled plans.
Engine: .60-.91 cu.in. (9.8-14.9cc) 2-stroke
.90-1.20 cu. in. (14.9-19.6cc) 4-stroke
Muffler: Pitts-Style is required so that the muffler conceals inside inside the cowling.
Radio: 4-6 channel, 6-channel with servos for optional flaps
Servos: 6-9 44 oz-in torque minimum (2-ailerons, 1-elevator,
1-rudder, 1-throttle, 1-steering). 2 needed for optional flaps
Servo Extension: One 6" (152mm) for elevator and rudder
Two 12" (305mm) for ailerons
Y-Harness: One for aileron servos
Covering: 3-4 6' rolls
Misc. Items: 3.5" (89mm) main wheels, 2.75" (70mm) nose wheel, 2.75" (70mm) spinner, 14oz (420cc) fuel tank, glow plug, ¼" (6mm) foam rubber padding, 3'(914mm) medium fuel tubing, fuel filter, propeller, building and field equipment.